The installer of Consumer Preview Windows 8 will check if your PC can run Windows 8 Consumer Preview and select the appropriate download. The installation program also has a relationship compatibility and support for the update. For older versions of Windows have built-in tools available for creating an ISO file or a flash drive to boot (except for Windows XP and earlier versions).
Before you download: Windows 8 Consumer Preview is an application that could be subject to prior substantial changes before its launch in the market. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, express or implied, regarding the information provided here. To use certain features of the product may require additional hardware or software. If you decide to return to the previous version of the operating system, you have to reinstall or restore from the media that came with your PC.
Windows 8 Consumer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch
- To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
After you install, you will require entering this product key: NF32V-Q9P3W-7DR7Y-JGWRW-JFCK8.
Note: An ISO image must be converted into installation disk.