Bajaj Auto, the Indian manufacturer of Scooters, Motorcycles and Three Wheelers, unveils its new bike for the Indian market, Bajaj Pulsar 200ns (NS stands for Naked Sport). Many of the assembled parts are identical to those of the recently introduced KTM Duke 200, but with a few cost cutting measures. Bajaj has 39.26% stake in KTM, so that such a crossover of the technology could be expected. The KTM will be positioned as a premium brand, while Bajaj as a more affordable alternative is put in the market.
The Bajaj Pulsar 200ns is powered by an engine similar to that of the Duke 200, a 199.5 cc single cylinder with a bore and stroke dimensions of 72×49 mm and a gearbox. Both models come from a single factory in India. A major difference between the two engines is that the Pulsar has a carburetor and a single overhead camshaft (OHC) while KTM has fuel injection and double Overhead camshaft (DOHC). Furthermore, the Pulsar using a triple-spark plug compared with the usual spark of the Duke. Other differences between the Pulsar and the Duke are the tank, with 12.1 liters for the Pulsar compared to 10.6 liters for the Duke. Also, the Pulsar fork UPSD not like Duke.
The Pulsar claims 200ns a power of 23.1 bhp at a speed of 9,500 rpm with respect to the Duke KTM 200 that 24.7 horsepower at 10,000 rpm. The couple has no big difference, for this Pulsar amount 18.3 Nm at 8000 rpm compared to the Duke’s declared value of 18.9 Nm at 8000 rpm.
Bajaj Pulsar 200ns Full Technical Specifications :
- Cooling system: Liquid
- Engine: SOHC – 4V valves 199.5 cc
- Food: UCD 33 Carburetor
- Transmission: chain 6-speed gearbox
- Acceleration: 0-60 in just 3.6 seconds and 0-100 in 9.8 seconds
- Maximum speed: 136 km / h.
- Maximum Power: 23.17 hp at 9,500 rpm.
- Maximum torque: 18.3 Nm at 8000 rpm.
- Front Suspension: 37mm down tube double units.
- Rear suspension: Mono shock Nitrox gas.
- Air filter: Paper element
- Exhaust system: improved exhaust TEC mounted on the vehicle center
- Chassis: Steel
- Wheelbase: 1363 mm
- Length x width x height: 2017 mm x 1195 mm x 804 mm.
- Ground clearance: 167 mm
- Vehicle unladen weight: 145 kg
- Front tire: 100/80 – 17, 52 P, tubeless
- Rear tire: 130/70 – 17, 61 P, tubeless
- Ring Front: 10 spokes of 2.5 x 17, alloy
- Ring Back: 10-spoke, 3.5 x 17, alloy
- Braking: Braking distance, 60-0 km / h to 16.33 meters
- System: DC Power
- Battery: 8AH 12V VRLA
- Headlight: HS1 35/35W
- Taillight and rear brake: 0.3 / 3 W LED
Price updated on 10, October, 2012
The Bajaj Pulsar 200ns Average Current Market Price in India is Rs. 85,863/- (ex-showroom price).