HD Ready describes the ability of television receivers to display high-definition television signals. The term officially used in Europe since January 2005 when the European industry association, information systems, telecommunications and consumer electronics ( EICTA ) announced this logo.
EICTA introduced the logo as a (standardized) quality mark to distinguish between display devices that can process and display high-definition television signals. Logo is awarded on the basis of the minimum functional requirements, as detailed in «EICTA conditions for HD Labeling of Display Devices».
- Displays :
- Minimum display resolution, display device or projector matrix – 720 lines in widescreen display ( 16:9 )
- Video Interfaces:
- A display device equipped with inputs
- analog component connector YPbPr
- DVI or HDMI input supports content protection (HDCP) with support for High Definition
- 1280×720 @ 50 Hz or 60 Hz progressive scan («720p»)
- 1920×1080 @ 50 Hz or 60 Hz interlaced («1080i»)